Reviewer: dosia Signed
Chapter 1: Prologue
I even didn't finished a half of that story, but I must review it NOW, because it's so awesome.
1. The characters are not just wandering aimlessly and waiting for some smexing to be done, they're working, they are perfectly in character, the ship's life looks realistic, the plot is solid and fun.
2. You noticed delicate changes in characters during TOS, growth of Kirk and Spock friendship, and used it perfectly.
3. Original characters are not annoying, balanced.
4. I was little bit annoyed by "cockblock" moments, but I saw how it allowed K/S relationship to rise gradually, without "hmm, today I'll do my best friend and become his mate forever". Than Spock started to mock it, playing with fourth wall. Did I mention I want to be your mate forever?
5. You mentioned the story has some newbish errors. We must also remember that when you wrote it, some today's cliches were completely new then. I read many, many stories from here (that one was left behind because of length, it's hard to read multi-chaptered fics on mobile), but this one still is so fresh, so new... Many fics used mind-meld as the thing that finally let them discover their feelings, but that one was special, non-obvious and very "natural"in the same time.
One of few bests fics I read. It should be obligatory for all K/S fans :)